In the on going placement season, many companies visited our college to offer summer internships and full time placements. Wells Fargo visited in the month of September, offering summer internships to pre-final years.
Many students applied for the same. Initial shortlist was based on various factors like CGPA, Resume and so on. After this, Round 1 was conducted for the 138 shortlisted students.
Round 1 Online Test
Round 1 was an online test held on Amcat which consisted of three sections:
- English: It consisted of questions related to basic vocabulary and grammar, finding errors, framing sentences, etc.
- Business: It consisted of graph and scenario based questions which were a bit tricky. This section also had some questions related to stocks and trading.
In these sections, free navigation was not allowed. Also there was no negative marking.
- Coding: This sections consisted of 2 coding questions. First question was to find the minimum number of bits that must be flipped to convert message A to message B. Second question was to form the maximum possible number from elements of an array.
27 students were selected out of 138 for the Interview rounds.
Round 2 Technical Interview
The next round was a technical interview conducted over a zoom call. The interviewer started by asking me to introduce myself. Introduction was followed by some coding questions on arrays and linked list. The question on linked list was:
Find the next greater element for a node in a singly linked list and store in an pointer of the node itself.(The node had three parts: the value/data, next pointer and next greater element pointer). It was similar to this question on GeeksForGeeks:
The interviewer wanted an efficient approach so we discussed this question for quite a while. This question was followed by theory questions. I have mentioned a few of them below:
- What are different types of memory?
- What is Virtual Memory?
- Difference between Linked List and Array
- How data is stored internally in a HashMap
Round 3 Techno+HR Interview
This round was also conducted over zoom call. It lasted for about 40-45 mins. There was discussion about my skills, projects and experience in my Resume.
- Started with my introduction and experience in college.
- Internship: Experience and what I learned during my internships( I had done 2 internships with start-ups).
- Skills and projects: Discussion regarding my skills in web development and projects that I had worked upon.
- Some questions like linear vs non-linear data structures, inheritance and other features of oops, array vs linked list vs graphs, etc.
Technical and Techno+HR round was conducted on same day with a gap of around 1-2 hours.
Round 4 Managerial Interview
In this round, there were questions regarding my short-term and long-term goals, strengths and weaknesses, location preference(Hyderabad or Bangalore). It lasted for about 15 mins.
Out of 27 shortlisted students, 10 of us got selected.